Monday, January 02, 2006

Just take the plunge..

I was thinking that night, high up (oh-kayyyy.. so it wasn't very high up..) on the Spiderweb with Li-en.. that trusting in God is just like playing on the Spiderweb.

Seriously, no kidding. There was this horizontal part, halfway from the bottom up to the top, of the Web, where the grids were just about smaller than a person's head. It was logically so secure, so safe, to just rest there. But of course, being the little coward I am about heights, I actually whimpered and refused to let go of the knots, to even sit on the grids. Because I was so scared.

But eventually, after Li-en'd encouraged me, I decided to really just take the plunge..and go for it. Gingerly, I settled down and rearranged myself so it was comfy. Bounced abit to see if it would really take my weight. And strangely, after I'd taken the plunge, I felt.. so.. safe. So secure. So comfortable, just lying down there and gazing at the stars. And I remember, I told Li-en, "This is what trusting in God is like.. you're scared, but once you take the first step.. it's just so secure.."

And that's true.. You might have your previous hurts, your previous scars, your psychological barriers. But once you've decided to just take the plunge..and let go of your defence mechanisms and just fall back into God's hands.. that's when you'll be the safest and most secure and most loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home