Sunday, January 08, 2006

Back to school!!! (and some other stuff)

Yikes.

I have a feeling this post is going to be like one of those angsty-schoolgirl-complaining-about-lessons-starting kinda post. Well oh well. Here's something to tell all my readers: I AM a schoolgirl (well maybe not so angsty), and while I'm not complaining about the imminent start of my lessons, I'm not exactly feeling on top of the world.

Tomorrow lessons ARE going to restart. While I really welcome the new beginning, I don't welcome the lack of sleep or appetite it's going to cost. Afterall, this semester I have 6 modules!!! And five of them are - philosophy modules!!! Check them out - Philosophy of Culture. (hmm; interesting. Should be about the..uhm..various philosophies of various cultures?) Major Political Philosophers. (Wow. Maybe Rousseau. Hehe. Someone I attempted to read in Deutsch - but failed miserably at.) Philosophy of Mind. (Well and I'm about to be lectured by the same brilliant guy who last semester tried to induct his class into the analytical Hall of Fame for Philosophy, but failed, not from lack of trying or effort, but rather, because of a lack of brain cells on OUR part.) Introduction to Indian Thought. (Ooh-hoo! Grace might envy me for this. ;p Although it's still pending.) And lastly - this is the kicker - Applied Ethics. The first assignment of which is due in WEEK 2!!!???!?!

Other than that, I managed to bid and secure Science of Music, the immensely popular class for which half of the people I talked to got as a final grade an A at least. Ho-hum. Well I've had some encouragement (Hey! You were from band!) to some discouragement (Hey! You failed your grade one piano exam!* Hmmm..).. well. But I do thank God that I got it, cos it's such an interesting module, and also that .. I have tons more S/U options. S/U options, to the uninitiated, just means we get to choose which of our cross-faculty modules we want to keep ungraded. Hmmm.

Well. Besides these 6, I have - Crusade stuff. Yay. About 4 hours confirmed in all, plus a coupla more for meetings. Tuition for the YM-ers. (Yesh, YM-ers reading this, I am going to be one of your FEROCIOUS tutors. AHAHA. Are you guys SCARED?) Tuition maybe for some disadvantaged children at this agency in Hougang. (Darnit... why'd I ever agree without thinking through the implications? But I really want to...) And I'd really like to volunteer again, on a regular basis this time round, at the Cheshire Home.

Hmm. But yup, I should stop complaining. Afterall, I know that God will always let me lean on Him. Will grant me the strength and wisdom I need, just as long as I ask. Maybe instead of looking at this semester with anxiety and panic, I should see it as an opportunity to really just see how weak we are, each and everyone of us. And how strong our Father is, and how willing to help us weather storms He is. Yup.

Right now, I'm feeling.. really better. Not as panicked (well, as panicked as a carefree person as I can feel!) as just now.

Some other random stuff:
My dad calls the neighbour's obese Gold Retriever "Dua puay". Soooo mean.

I wanted to get a Crumpler bag today but ended up sleeping through the designated time my sis and I were supposed to go Plaza Sing. Hmm. Is this God's way of telling me.. my goodness-knows-how-old sling bag is ... not that old after all?

I'm contemplating going back to school on Tuesday, a public holiday, to get readings. For the SOLE agenda of getting readings. But - WAIT! Halleluja! The library closes at 4pm on holidays. So there's no point doing that. Yup. Great decision-making process, my mind has.

Should I clean up my room? And the third floor? But I'm not one of those panicked hostesses who have to make sure their domain is sparkling clean before their friends visit. Afterall, everyone knows just how untidy KL really is.. plus the dog would just mess it up again. Haha. Yup but the drinks are a necessity. And they could always use the massage chair to entertain themselves.... right girls (and guy)???? Haha.

Yayyy!!! Sleepover at my place tomorrow!! I can't wait!!! Haha. We're gonna watch good ole DVD's, then play good ole games, and finally, have good ole supper. Yum yum.

Kailuo






* For the record, yesh. I DID fail it. Haha. Now bug off.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tsk tsk tsk... the last line sounds like remnants of Da Phatbeagle still lingering on. muuuuaaaahahahahahahha. Bug off. hyakz.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home