Monday, March 20, 2006

I felt extra sleepy this morning. (wait, don't I feel like that every morning?)

So I lay me down to sleep..and sleep..and sleep.

And you know that period between full blown consciousness and full blown unconsciousness? It's just a little window of time, about 5 minutes or so. But that's when your body is paralysed and yet when your mind is still active.. it's not active in the same sphere as your day-to-day mind, though. It's active in another sphere..

This time round my sphere was back in Germany.. I don't know why it took me so long (more than half a year!!!) to get to missing Deutschland. But suddenly, I just did. I missed Bayreuth.. I missed the crystal clear beauty of the Alps..

In my mind's eye, I still saw.. the cobble-stoned streets of Bayreuth. Good ole Bayreuth. Boring and small, but oh-so-cozy. I saw the entire 1-hour's-worth of journey zu Fuss from my hostel to school... past the Marktplatz, the marketplace, with the three centuries old statues established smack in the middle. I saw the famous Operhaus - Opera house - a place to which that opera aficionados strive to buy tickets to, by hook or by crook... I felt the cool wind whistling at my cheek as it did so many times before.. in the air, I sniffed in delight at the Döner Kebabs and pizzas...

I also saw.. one of my favourite places on earth - the German Alps. Talk about gorgeous. Imagine mountains capped with snow in the winter and surrounding crystal-clear, sparkling turquoise lakes in the spring.. imagine a mad German King, determined to build the most beautiful palace in the world in this beautiful environ.. imagine his delight, his pleasure.. and finally, imagine his mysterious death of drowning, along with that of his doctor.

Sigh. I think every March or so, this certain Wanderlust gets into my blood, and I start behaving weirdly. I yearn to leave everything behind and just - go. I want to travel. I want to travel ALONE. I want to be with God's Creation - not in urban cities, but alone, in the mountains, with the grasslands, with the goats and the horses .. with the fjords.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take me along the next time u go!!! Nvr mind that u want to travel alone. Muhahhaa

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home