Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hungry hungry...

There is an empty feeling at the bottom of my tummy..that can only be filled with - WHAT? I don't know, but something substantial, to last me as I attempt to read throughout the night!

And more hungry still, there's an empty feeling at the bottom of my heart and soul for the Spirit of God.. come fill me, once over again! Wash over me and refresh me, O Lord.. I need Your strength, Your might, and most of all, just YOU!





Thank God for the power of imagination.. just now in the car I was really feeling so jittery and restless and unhappy.. with everything.. until Dink, Hans and I started conjuring up the place on earth we'd most like to be.. what we'd be doing.. what it'd look like... who we'd be with.. what the weather would be like...

... and I pictured my beloved Norwegian fjords with the summer sun beating down upon me, lightly toasting my skin, my knees pushing past green fields of grass dotted with fragile white flowers that litter the sky with their subtle fragrance.. around me, in the near horizon, I see snow capped mountains, lightly embracing the cloudless blue sky... below me, below the steep cliffs, I see crystal clear waters of the purest blue. If I squint and peek, I might be able to see a dolphin or two racing past, frolicking and competing in playful jumps..

... and beside me... right now, at this moment.. is you. You weave carefully around the grass and look up at me now and then, tail wagging in anticipation.. You bound around joyfully, but never fail to answer my call..

... and together we're happy.

Ahh.. imagination. Imagination is just the memory of the things that might have been, and might be one day in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home