Sunday, April 16, 2006

Feeling soppy...

Shucks.

I caught the last segment of Anna Magdalena on Channel U.

So. Freaking. Romantic.

And that segment had to be that part when Takeshi (TAKESHIIIII!!!! He's mine.. all MINE!!!! Ha-ha.. *fierce eyes*) and Kelly Chan (*sulks*) sit on top of the van, legs dangling mindlessly... and his hand reaches over shyly and took hers... and she gazes back at him with that same meaningful look that say a million words.. no actually, only three small words... and the long green grass of the meadow catch in the wind and the sky is all cloudless and blue... He gazes at her with that tender intense look curiously exclusive only to lovers and he says I have something to say... the expressive-ness of his eyes have long ago let her catch a glimpse into his soul, and she kisses him slowly, tenderly, and says You don't have to say it... I knew it all along.

See, Takeshi is a shy, introverted piano tuner (who cannot play the piano!) who has an all-consuming secret - he loves Kelly! She lives in the apartment on the level above his and tortures the ears of Takeshi's playboy, carefree, ne'er-do-good apartment mate Aaron Kwok with her daily playing of Bach's Minuet in G (Lover's Concerto), which he had written while courting his wife Anna Magdalena (hence the name of the movie). So anyways, she kinda has a secret crush on Aaron, and Takeshi kinda has a secret crush on her.

And he starts writing this love story which stars him and her as orphans abandoned in a church who grow up to be adventurers travelling in a van and singing.. uhm.. love songs to people.

Yes, it's that complicated.

But it's cool, cos only through this story can the audience see into the yearning soul of the shy piano-tuner. Just a sidetrack - given that I only caught one segment of the movie, it's amazing how resourceful I've been in tracking down the storyline and summarizing it for the benefit of my readers, isn't it? If only I did that as easily for my essays.. but yesh. Anyways, back to that scene...

Shucks. And I actually teared. Gahhhh.

Uh, yes. Why am I turning so soppy nowadays???!???! Arghh.

Or maybe I just teared out of RAGE, that someone else was kissing Takeshi. Could be.

TA...KE...Shhhiiiii. Takeshi Kaneshiroooooo... Ha-ha. Yum-my.

Anyways. So this was the song from this silly soppy show that was playing in the background when they kissed (*growl*)...

Lover's Concerto


How gentle is the rain
That falls softly on the meadow,
Birds high up the trees
Serenade the clouds with their melodies

Oh, see there beyond the hill,
The bright colors of the rainbow.
Some magic from above
Made this day for us just to fall in love

Now, I belong to you
From this day until forever,
Just love me tenderly
And I'll give to you every part of me.

Oh, don't ever make me cry
Through long lonely nights without us.
Be always true to me,
Keep this day in your heart eternally.

One day we shall return
To this place upon the meadow.
We'll walk out in the rain,
See the birds above singing once again

Oh, you hold me in your arms,
And say once again you love me,
And if your love is true,
Everything will be just as wonderful.

You'll hold me in your arms,
And say once again you'll love me,
And if your love is true,
Everything will be just as wonderful.




But somehow.. it's not just a silly song. It. Makes. Me. Tear.

And to round up this post, here's something else (besides my brilliant writing, heh) for your enjoyment:








PS. GAHHH. She got to act in Tokyo Raiders, and Lost and Found, and Anna Magdalena, and Lavender with MY boy!!!!! How lucky is that girl??!!!?? =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home