Saturday, February 11, 2006

Simple things to thank the Lord for!

Well.

I'd not really been feeling my normal, joyful self for the past one week or so.. and trust me, it's really abnormal for me not to feel joyful. In school I might joke and laugh and be all hyper, and nope, I'm not putting on an act; it's just that all my life, I've been blessed by God enough not to be wholly consumed by any worries I have. In fact, my ability to get distracted easily actually acts as a foil to any troubles I might have. But still, when the worries do come upon my mind now and then, I don't feel good at all. My exuberance disappears, strangely, and I sense the start of a sulking season coming on. In short, I just start feeling sian more and more often.

Yup, that's how it's been.. for more times than normal these past few days. And partly it's been my fault. I've let myself go, spiral into a - okay, not spiral, cos that just sounds so drastic and major; but yup, I've let myself sink, slowly but surely, one teeny inch at a time, into the Sea of Sianness, when very often, if I'd just looked beyond my circumstances and focused on the Lord and all His blessings, I could have risen above my worries and found joy.

But this morning, as I was walking out of the Cheshire Home along the rows of private houses, the sun was shining so brightly and so brilliantly, Hosanna was blasting into my ear while I daringly sang at the top of my voice, and I just felt so thankful to Him - that I HAD. TO. BLOG. IT. DOWN. =)

There're so many blessings in our lives, so many things to thank Him for, so many simple things to find joy in! And nope, I'm not saying that only cos I'm an eternal optimist who knows how to reframe stuff positively, very well. Well, yea I am that - but I'm saying what I'm saying cos I'm convinced that, however much stress or troubles we might be having, however deeply we might be sunk into self pity and depression, there's always something to thank the Lord for.

I thank God for the sun, that it shines mostly (well in Singapore) and gives us all a brilliant suntan! I thank Him for the simple warmth and glow I feel, when I bask in the golden sunlight.

I thank God for the rain - it's mostly fun, splashing through puddles, and even when the rain gets annoying and heavy and you forget to bring your umbrella (or just refuse to, ha-ha) and you have to rush home to do assignments and you start feeling all frustrated and conky.. I thank God for the time He gave, just so I am forced to sit down and realise that, hey! - things don't always go the way I plan them.

I thank God for the stars at night - we might not see them all the time, but they're always there. I thank Him for naming the stars and for the light they give, on the long, solitary walks home in the freezing wind when my train pulled into Bayreuth station at 2am's in Germany...

I thank God for my physical abilities. I can see, and although I have myopia and hate wearing my specs, heh-heh, that's another reason to thank Him for - the creation of contact lenses. I thank Him that I can hear and listen - to the jokes and laughter of my friends, to the tender voice of my mum, the growling, deep barks of my dogs, the beautiful, angelic voices of my friends singing, the MSN alert sounds whenever I get a new message, the crashing of the waves on the beach.. I thank Him for my voice, for being to sing and talk and laugh and express my joy and sadness... and to announce my arrival before my person comes into appearance. Haha. That's all part of the package, no?

I thank God for my friends and families - for their support, their love, their insults (EVEN! Joshie, no worries, you're still A Friend of Kailuo. Ha-ha. Feeling privileged? =p ), the outpouring of their troubles and woes, the encouragement they give and that I can give too, the Gummybears and spontaneous notes they put in my lockers, the encouraging and concerned coments they leave, the feedback given to me, the advice, the many lunches and dinners together, the joyful time spent in their company as we study study study at night... the rides from my Chauf - oops, from my Daddy *grins*, the many times my Mummy cooked instant noodles for me in the dead of the night, for my sisters, their many "great" ideas when we were younger.. for just being there.

And most of all - thank God! Thank Him for His omni-present faithfulness to us! Thank Him for loving us nobodies so much despite being the Creator of the Universe. And thank Him - for Jesus Christ, who died just so we can draw into a personal relationship with our God. =)

Whew. That's my thanksgiving. How about yours? Remember, it's simple to find joy - it's whether or not you WANT to. =)

Thankfully and joyfully,
Kailuoeee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home