Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tickicty tockety...

...goes the clock.

So why am I still blogging??? Whatever..

Ahh. I just had a sinful dinner of KFC (fried chicken for the oil and the delicious-ness, cheese fries for the chee-sy factor, and Mountain Dew for the caffeine!!!) plus a piece of chocolate cake.

Whatever. I've decided, exam period = get phat period.














And. Get this. My favorite identical twins in the whole world, Bob and Clint Moffatt, formally the drummer and bassist of the now defunct The Moffatts, have come up with a new album! Yes! My little teeny secret has now been revealed - I used to LOVE the MOFFATTS! In fact I still love them. Ha-ha.

Well yesh, yesh, I used to (like all 14 year old girls... right??? RIGHT???? ) dream of getting married to Bob. Robert. Robert Peter Franklin Moffatt. Hmm.. and I justified my collection of The Moffatts CDs and paraphernalia by imagining how I would educate our future children (and they would ALL be boys, cos boys run in THAT family! And if I could I would have wanted identical twins TOO.) about their father's career in his youth...

And when I mean The Moffatts paraphernalia, I seriously mean.. well, okie, not tissue paper used by them, or whatever. But I mean, stuff like.. posters? Check. (Only I never hung them up) CDs? Ha. Check. I had their WHOLE, ENTIRE collection of CD's, from the time they were Country singers in Nashville singing in high squeaky voices about What a wonderful world it would be (yes, they were about 9 or 10, and the looked SERIOUSLY cute) to their last album which I thought was a brilliant imitation of punk rock. Heh-heh. Anyways, self-drawn portraits of all 4 Moffatts? Check. If you ask nicely, I might show them to you, or upload them.

I think I liked them so much cos they are/were sorta cute, and quite good musicians (trust me, now I'm struggling with S-T-R-U-M-M-I-N-G I realise how tough is to actually form a band!!), and most of all - cos they are my age. I sort of grew up with them, and during my tumultous teenage years (everyone has a tumultous teenage era, okieee??) I shared my joys, my craziness, my yearnings, my angst.. with their music. Even now, I, uhm, listen to stuff like Until You Loved Me uhm more than once a week.

Ahhh. Those were the days... I guess the title of this post says it all, huh? I'm reminiscing for lost time.. time lost slacking and wallowing in my thoughts these past few days, when I should have been studying.. and most of all.. I'm reminiscing for those good ole days when everything was fine and dandy, when the only hurt you could feel was when your "best" friend didn't want to friend you anymore and when just listening to the music of The Moffatts and a cuddle with Joko made everything better again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home