Monday, February 20, 2006

Remember who your greatest Love is.

There was this song item during service yesterday. And this was the chorus of the song:

God is too wise to be mistaken
God is too good to be unkind
So when you don't understand
When don't see his plan
When you can't trace his hand
Trust His Heart

Yup, I know the theory. But I really wish I could trust Him more, trust Him in each and every thing I do (or can't do). Cos it's when human-laid plans are frustrated and we start trying to wrestle control of our lives from God that we start feeling so blue, so rejected, so jealous, so angered.. if only we could give it all to Him!

Emotions are funny things. But the first step towards trusting Him (as opposed to our own human strengths, or others that we love) is - to remember that He's our greatest Love. Yup. He. God. Not anyone else, no other humans, no idols, but God.

I'd been feeling somewhat down just now. Yup, really. Just a little chance remark, and all my joyfulness fell away, to expose resentment and possessiveness - the ugliest side of me.

But thank You, Lord. I went crying to You and You brought this song, and a verse to my mind. You brought a promise (I think) to my mind.

For in Deut 6:5, it says - "You shall love the Lord your God with ALL your heart, with ALL your soul, and with ALL your strength."

Thankfully,
Kailuo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home