Saturday, January 21, 2006

Perseverance builds character!

Well many people might not believe it, but other people do share their troubles and problems with me.

I really do thank God for this privilege to encourage and minister to my friends, and to aid them. Before, I would have ran away from reality, and I myself would have struggled with the thought of giving too much in terms of encouragement, and most of all, mental effort. Cos trying to minister to others is a very draining thing, I feel.

But with the aid of God.. I really do thank Him, that His patience, and understanding, and sensitivity are now character traits that I now at least have an understanding of. And what I aspire towards.

Well everyone has his or her own struggles, so I just want to share three verses that Rimtimtim brought to my mind yesterday, and that really captured my heart -

Romans 5:3 - 5:

"... but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

=)

So, yes Lord, I will rejoice in my trials and tribulations and sufferings, because I know "all things work for the good of those who love God", and You are putting them in my life to draw me closer to You! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home