Monday, January 30, 2006

Feeling so privileged..

Wow!

Today Peggy asked me something.. that really made me feel so honoured and privileged, to be able to serve God in that way.

It's something I've always wanted to do, but of course I have qualms about it! I have fears that I won't do it well! Ah wells. But, according to good ole Daniel (whom I've NEVER met, ha-ha), people FEAR. Because they are ......

*insert music from Jaws*.........

...........PRIDEFUL.

Actually, that's true. It's only when we have high expectations of ourselves, and don't want people to laugh and jeer at us, and think badly of us, that we fear. The trick, then, isn't to NOT have expectations.. because without expectations or goals, a person wouldn't know where to go or what to do, nor how to go about doing something remotely simple. Yup. But we must examine ourselves and our motivations. Wherein lies our motivation to do things? Wherein lies our purpose and our confidence?

We should have expectations.. but only expectations of GOD, and not of ourselves. By bearing in mind always that we are nothing... and that we can do nothing except through Him, we should then be able to see, realistically, just how little we can expect of ourselves.. but how much He can do, using us as His tools - if only we'd learn to rely fully on Him! And that's when our expectations of how much HE can do, through us, will be met.

Okay.. that's really what I will pray for.. to just rely fully on Him. And to just be able to do it for His Glory! =)

Kailuo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home