Sunday, May 28, 2006

I had the privilege and honour to serve God today by backing our dear Mr Kwang up on vocals.

Hehe, technically, everything could have been great - if not for the fact that during the first song, Darryl, Tim Ng and I just stared at one another speechlessly (of course lah, how to hurry one another into the mike?). None of us came in when we were supposed to. Darryl stared at me hard, I stared back at him and frowned, and then he just closed his eyes. Bummer, I thought.

Oh wells. When I brought it up to him later on, Darryl mentioned something that is so absolutely right - he said that he'd just closed his eyes, to concentrate on worshiping God. And that there was no point in fretting.

Absolutely - right. Makes one wonder once over again, where the real point in worship is - it's all about You, Lord, and not about us. For if there is no God, there would be no worship.

So I'll make it my prayer that God increases my passion for worshiping Him and Him only - nothing else matters, nothing else should matter - and at the same time, include the familiar prayer - for Him to increase, and for me to decrease.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey CONGRATZ on your Debut!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally they have seen the light and heard your voice!!! Keep on pressing on in serving and singing! I suggest you eye the guitarist's spot next! ;)

5:43 PM  
Blogger Yellow Garfield said...

Joshieeee

Thanks you're so nice. But yup. It wasn't my debut haha. And my voice ain't that good. :) Not being fake modest or self decrepating but seriously.. Heh. You can ask Hansel.

Oh yea, I will fix my eye on the guitarist spot! Gimme one year and a whole lotta Joshie-teachin'!!! :D

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home